Standard Form for Club Bylaws and Policies
As revised by Kiwanis International – October 2012
ARTICLE 1. NAME and OBJECTS
- This organization is the “Kiwanis Club of Panama City” K01536, which is a member of Kiwanis International and exists only by charter granted by Kiwanis International.
- The primary purpose of this club is to improve the quality of life for children and families worldwide by adhering to the Objects of Kiwanis International, which are:
To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life. To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business, and professional standards. To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
To provide, through this club, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build a better community. To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
ARTICLE 2. MEMBERS
- Adults of good character and good community standing may be admitted to membership in this club by invitation or by transfer from another Kiwanis club upon no less than a majority vote of the board.
- Members in good standing are entitled to all rights and privileges of the club. To be in good standing, members are obligated to pay the dues and fees provided in club policy and comply with any other criteria provided in club policy.
- Members not in good standing may be suspended or removed by no less than a majority vote of the board. At least fourteen (14) days previous notice of such pending action must be provided to the member. The member will have the right to appear to present his/her case to the board on or before the meeting at which action will be determined.
- A member may resign by submitting written notice to the club. Any member who resigns or has been removed from club membership forfeits all interest in any club funds or property and all rights to use any Kiwanis marks.
Read or download Kiwanis Club Bylaws and Policies entire text HERE